Issue retrieving content via GraphQL on iPhone

Hello,

We have repositories that were previously held back to an older version due to an issue on our end with TLSv1.2. Can we now have those repositories upgraded? As a result of the older versions, we seem to be having issues when attempting to retrieve content via GraphQL.

If we can start with upgrading tpl-main, then we can proceed with the rest after confirming all is working well.

Thanks so much,
Angelo

Hello Angelo, could you please indicate which upgrade you'd like to have in your repository?

If you're unsure of the names of these features, take a look at this quick guide:

Hi Paulina,

Thanks for the quick response. I may not have the precise details given a former developer of ours has since left, but my understanding is that all Prismic repos were upgraded to support TLSv1.2 API calls almost two years ago, which did not properly work with our version of Java. As a result, the repos were "downgraded" on your end.

We have since started migrating to React and utilizing GraphQL. This works for the most part, but on older browsers we receive CORS errors (e.g. "Fetch API cannot load" "Request header field Content-Type is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Headers."). Through my investigation, I came across a community post where Phil Snow from your Education team mentions that this issue is linked to a specific cluster of repositories and it got me to thinking that our old repos are part of this cluster of repositories. When I test a GraphQL query from React on our tpl-featured-content repo, I receive this error. Conversely, when I test a GraphQL query from React on our testingstagingtsl, I have no such issue, leading me to believe the issue is repository related.

I apologize for not being able to point to a specific feature that I need enabled, but I hope these details allow you to understand what specifically would need to be upgraded on your end.

Thanks,
Angelo

Hi Paulina,

I wanted to follow up and ask whether there would be a more appropriate channel to send this request to.

Thank you,
Angelo

Hello Angelo, you're in the correct place.

I've informed the dev team about your case. We'll come back to you when we have more information.

Thanks

Great. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Hello Angelo, how are you today?

The dev team just asked me if you could share with us which old browsers were you using. We're trying to reproduce the issue on our side and haven't been able to find it.

Hi Paulina,

I'm great. Thanks for asking.

We're seeing the issue with Safari 7 on various older iPhones. E.g. I just ran a test on iPhone5S and am still able to replicate. If you don't have an older phone, but have access to browserstack.com, it produces the same results. Below is a screenshot of the errors.

As mentioned, the errors are from the tpl-featured-content repo, but running a test on our testingstagingtsl retrieves and shows the data, with no CORS errors.

1 Like

Ok, I'll send this over to the team

Thank you!

Great, thank you again.

Hi Paulina,

Is there anything else I can do to help the team with troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Angelo

Hello Angelo, we were able to run a test on an old iPhone 5S + iOS 12.1 and it works. We will keep this issue open in the backlog, but it's important to note that we may not support iOS 7 devices.

Is there any particular reason you're using these browsers?

Hi Paulina,

That is odd.. I'll re-run my tests to see if there are any differences connecting between the two repositories. From what I recall, the tests between repos were practically identical, apart from the content types being different. I believe IE11 or 10 may have also had this issue. I also want to note that we've attempted GraphQL queries from React to an open source Strapi CMS in the same codebase, and haven't had CORS issues, so it doesn't seem these particular browsers have issues with it.

As for why we require IOS7/IE, we're Canada's largest public library and require older browsers as some of our patrons utilize them (logically speaking, we probably have a larger percentage of older patrons with older devices than a typical online site). And as a library, it's important for us to avoid restricting access to these users.

If I still continue to have problems with one repo over another, I may also attempt to create a new repo and import all the content from the old one.

Thanks for your help.
Angelo

1 Like

Hi Paulina,

I had the opportunity to retest with the original codebase, and I don't seem to be getting the CORS errors any longer. Is it possible a change was made to the repository to make this work?

In either case, thanks for all your help.

Angelo

Hey Angelo, we aren't aware of any particular changes that might have affected that, but I'm glad to know the problem went away.

Let us know if you need help with anything else

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.