Issue with adding fields in SliceMachine

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to adit a custom type and add a field within a repeatable field. For some reason I can't seem to enter anything into the "field id" input when adding the field. Additionally when I try just add it without the id, ad then proceed to edit the field model - all the fields aren't editable either. When I try to close the popup, the close button makes the cursor glitch between pointer and default. I don't know if there is an issue with SliceMachine or if I'm doing something wrong... please help?

James

Hello @dash-james

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I need more details:

1. Screen-recording of the issue.
  2. What version of the slice-machine-ui? It would be better if you could paste the package.json file here.

Thanks,
Priyanka

@Priyanka

Thanks for your reply

1. "slice-machine-ui": ^0.3.8
    { "name": "*****", "version": "0.1.0", "private": true, "scripts": { "dev": "next dev", "build": "webpack && next build && next export", "start": "webpack && next build && next export && next start", "lint": "next lint", "slicemachine": "start-slicemachine", "webpack": "webpack" }, "dependencies": { "@prismicio/client": "^6.4.3", "@prismicio/helpers": "^2.3.0", "@prismicio/next": "^0.1.2", "@prismicio/react": "^2.3.0", "@prismicio/slice-simulator-react": "^0.2.2", "next": "12.1.6", "node-sass": "^7.0.1", "react": "18.1.0", "react-dom": "18.1.0", "react-router-dom": "^6.3.0", "sharp": "^0.30.6" }, "devDependencies": { "babel": "^6.23.0", "babel-loader": "^8.2.5", "eslint": "8.15.0", "eslint-config-next": "12.1.6", "slice-machine-ui": "^0.3.8", "webpack": "^5.73.0", "webpack-cli": "^4.9.2", "webpack-dev-server": "^4.9.1" } }

@dash-james

We are not experiencing the issue on our side. What browser are you using? Could you try in another browser? It might be a browser extension causing the issue.

Thanks,
Priyanka

@Priyanka

I've tried in Safari - also no luck. I think it may just be an issue with this custom type - I'm going to try recreate it.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hello @dash-james

Have you recreated the Custom type? Are you still getting the issue?

Best,
Priyanka

@Priyanka

Yes I recreated it and that solved the issue, thank you

James