Slices without fields/with empty fields cannot be saved anymore on Prismic

Hello everyone,

I have been using slices without fields, creating and pushing them via Slicemachine. Just today, I have noticed that it is not possible to save pages with such slices on Prismic anymore. Not only that, even if I add a field with a default value, I can't save it when it's added, I specifically have to type in something. Tried adding a boolean type field and same issue arises again - I have to move the boolean switch in order to be able to save.

An example slice (with a "fake" field, just to make it work):

Error, that I get from Prismic, after trying to save page with a slice that has empty fields or no fields:
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 15.21.00
Response:
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 15.21.33

Have there been any recent updates or changes that may have caused this behaviour? I work on quite a big project, that has been using empty slices (as placeholders for displaying hardcoded or fetched data) for a long time and we had no such issues before.

Would greatly appreciate any comments or help! <3

1 Like

Hello @eve.draugelyte

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

I have tested the use case with my project and repository, and it worked well (Screenshot attached).
One with the empty slice:

One with Boolean field:

Are you still getting the issue? If so, Could you please share the repo URL with me? (You can share via private message)

Thanks,
Priyanka