Issues with displaying multiple paragraphs

Running into issues with my custom type field not displaying multiple paragraphs.

example document
referenced custom type
live url

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please share the Custom Type name and API ID of the field? Because the URL for referenced Custom Type doesn't work for me, I don't have direct access. You can send me a private message, though.

I am looking forward to hearing from you back.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hello Kevin,

I can see the return list of all the paragraphs as usual.

Are you outputting the text using asText ? If so, then it will combine all the paragraphs into a single string.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Apologies, I could have been clearer. I'm referencing the profile a part of the slice my page custom type here's it's output

Hello @kevin.reevers

I am sorry but I don't find my page Custom Type in your repository. Can you please send me the Custom Type name, the Slice name, and the field name in the Slice?

Thanks,
Priyanka

Custom type name is page, slice name is grid layout, and the field in the slice is grid item

Hello @kevin.reevers

I have checked in Page Custom Type. The filed grid item is not a Rich text field, it's a Content relationship field. That output will be different for the CR field, like:

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

Thanks,
Priyanka

This thread has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.

Morning @team-education, apologies for the delay, was on vacation; responding to @Priyanka's comment:

Correct, when we use the grid_item call we use either a reference to a whitepaper or a profile document. When referencing the profile.description, it's currently only providing the first paragraph

Thanks for the info @kevin.reevers, we've responded to you in a dm :smiley:

Hello @kevin.reevers

Yes, this is true fetchLinks only return the first element of the Rich Text field. You have to use the advanced version of fetchLinks to retrieve multiple paragraphs of the Rich Text field called graphQuery.
Please find the complete detail of graphQuery documentation.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

Thanks,
Priyanka

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.