No cache header in https://static.cdn.prismic.io/prismic.min.js?new=true

For adding the In-Website Edit Button we use this script tag . The src ("https://static.cdn.prismic.io/prismic.min.js?new=true") here does not have a cache header which causes a performance issue (highlighted by Google Lighthouse) as this is a static resource. Is it possible it could be added or is this intentional or are there any work arounds?

1 Like

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for contacting us, I’m checking this with our dev team, and I will get back to ASAP.

Fares

Can you please tell us if this prevents your website to function properly?

It does not break functionality but affects performance.

1 Like

Ok Mohamed, thanks for the info, we will track this as a feature request but I can’t promise you to tacle this on priority.

I will second this feature request. Sending an additional ~118kb over the wire is definitely problematic for users with slower internet connections, let alone any bandwidth implications for prismic as a business.

1 Like

Yes I will mention this in the request, Thanks for reporting this issue.

Are there any updates on this? I’ve had comments from a client’s SEO team about this JS in Lighthouse. I agree with another poster, an additional 117 KB isn’t great.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Prismic community.

In fact there is a ticket in our issue tracker and it has been marked as an enhancement, I have voted it up with your comment, and once I get some updates about it I will get back to you.

Best,
Fares

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.

Hi,

A fix for this has been released, can you please confirm?
For more details about the fix please check our release notes

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.

Hi, here are the resource headers response. There is no Cache-Control header so thats really bad for website performance.

I have reported this to our production team and we will let you know in case of any updates.

Also, can you please share with us the repository name where you are having this issue, and full link of the script file (in a private message if necessary).

Looking forward to your reply,

This thread is being monitored as an open ticket in the issue tracker. We will update this post as we get more information. If you have a similar use-case, you can ‘Flag’ this topic to reopen.