Old Media Library cannot upload more than two images at once

Bulk upload of images into old Media Library not working

My company doesn't use jam, but I'll describe the issue as best as I can.

We're using the old media library in a project with the legacy page builder. Our content team was until recently able to upload images to the media library in bulk, but currently, we cannot upload more than two images at once.
The failed images are shown with the following error:

An error occured while uploading the file.

Skærmbillede 2024-05-22 kl. 13.37.00

We can see in the console, that an asset call fails with the following error for every image that fails:

429: Too many requests

We have tried to analyse what is wrong, and we have found out that:

• Uploading a single png image in the old media library with the legacy page builder works fine :white_check_mark:
  • Uploading two png images in the old media library with the legacy page builder works fine :white_check_mark:
  • Uploading a single svg image in the old media library with the legacy page builder works fine :white_check_mark:
  • Uploading two svg images in the old media library with the legacy page builder works fine :white_check_mark:
  • This is NOT the infamous file size error, as we experimented with small files (~100kB) :pinching_hand:
  • Uploading five images individually in the old media library with the legacy page builder works fine | :white_check_mark: | :white_check_mark: | :white_check_mark: | :white_check_mark: | :white_check_mark: |
  • When uploading three or more images (of either type), only the first two images succeed, the following fail :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :x: (:x: :x: ...)
  • Uploading images to the new Media Library in a modern page builder project works fine, regardless of file format (svg / png) and number of images (tested up to five images) :white_check_mark: :star:

Can someone help us with what caused this change in behaviour - and how to fix this? Our content team is eager to bulk upload again.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Hanna
(Software engineer)

1 Like

Hi! My company is having the same problem. Would really appreciate assistance with this.

Thanks!
André

1 Like

Hi @hmaw , thanks for reporting the issue. The team is currently looking into it and I'll update this thread when I have more information on a fix.

Best,
Guy

Hi,

We are also facing this issue in our company.

Thanks,
Sabine

Same here, following!

Same problem here. Waiting...

Hi team, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We are looking to move all of our users to the new Page Builder at the end of the month and given the feature is working well there we will not fix this issue in the legacy builder.

Best,
Guy