Page Building Image Cropping Issue

We're having an issue with the image cropping tool in the new Page Builder. The crop set in the dialog is not reflected in the page builder or in the published website.

Crop being set in the dialog:

Output of that same crop:

Note in both screenshots I'm looking at the "xs" version of the image.

Thanks!

Hi @nathan,

Thanks for reporting this issue! I'll share it with the Page Builder Team. In the meantime, you can try using the kebab menu in the top-right corner to switch to the Legacy Builder and see if the crop works as expected.

Sam

Hi @nathan,

I'm trying and failing to reproduce this issue. Is there anything unique about the error? Does it occur in a specific flow or with a specific file type?

Sam

Thanks for taking a look @samlittlefair!

In our case we're only moving the image to the right by ~20px, looking at the transform on that element. When we only move it a small amount like this then the crop is not correct, but if we move it all the way to an edge it works and the crop is correct.

If it's helpful I can send an invite to the repo to take a look. Or if there is any other info that would be helpful, let me know.

Hi Nathan,

Sorry for the pause on this one. Work on the Page Builder is ongoing, so it's possible that this bug will disappear eventually. Are you still seeing this behavior? If so, please do invite me to your repository so I can take a closer look. My email has a period between my first name and last, at prismic dot io.

Sam

No worries, Sam.

I took another look and the issue seems to have resolved itself. All good.

Thanks for following up!

That's great to hear! Thanks for the update.