Page content gone after changing custom type?

Hi Prismic Community!

I suspect that I changed a Custom Type in Prismic which lead to pages that were of that custom type to have no content any longer. I cannot find a way to restore the old version of the custom type. Can anybody please help me by telling me how to reset this? Thank you so much in advance!

Hello Martina,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We have been already discussed the same issue before in the following thread:

Please follow the article given in the thread and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,

actually I don't get what I need to do. Is there a way for you to review the changes that we did to that type and tell me what to do?

Thanks!
Martina

Hello Martina,

Could you tell me what update you made in your Custom Type? Did you change the API ID of the field or slices?

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,

exactly that's the problem: we don't know what we changed :frowning: Is there anything that you can see that we can't? Some kind of history for that type?

Thanks,
Martina

To view a list of changes to your document, click the "History" button at the top-right corner of the editor. Learn more about History in the Version Documents article.

There is no history for Custom Types, only for documents. Regardless which historical version of one document of type custom type I select it's always empty. This is why I was contacting you in the first place. I cannot see a history of the Custom Type and what we accidentally changed.

Hello Martina,

It's not possible to check the history of the Custom type. If you haven't published related documents and the master ref hasn't changed. You can check old API IDs in the API browser. But if you have published documents, the master ref has changed, and not possible to see the older version.

Thanks,
Priyanka