- We currently have a blog. It has the traditional setup of a
Postthat can have an
Category. These are ordered by a
publish dateon a
- We would like to change this blog to a resources section. By that, I mean that a
Postmight be one type of resource. Other types might be an
Tooletc. An example would be the resources page at HubSpot | Business and Marketing Resources.
- My immediate thought is that these are different custom types as the fields required and how they present are going to be different - and presenting non-relevant / non-applicable fields to a hypothetical 'resource type' isn't a great experience for the authors.
- This presents a problem, because as far as I understand, there isn't a way to do a union type / paginate across these multiple types using Gatsby (this is what we're using).
- My second thought is to have a dedicated resource type that simply has publish date and a reference to the applicable custom type (eg. ebook, podcase). This has the somewhat horrible experience of the author then having to publish two pieces of content (the resource and the blog post) to get the content live though.
Is there a way I haven't thought of here? How do I maintain the best authoring experience here?