Prismic + Gatsby: Some blog posts are being deleted after the build, resulting in 404

Hi,

I have a Gatsby project that builds blog posts. Hosted on Netlify, after a completed build, a seemingly random selection of blog posts are deleted, as shown here:

Updated page: /blog/a-digital-day-planner-for-your-onlina-digital-day-planner-for-your-online-businesse-business
Updated page: /blog/get-more-organized-and-more-productive-with-these-11-tips
Updated page: /blog/the-content-planner-using-a-digital-planner-for-your-blog-social-media
Updated page: /blog/successful-entrepreneurs-how-to-plan-a-project-and-make-team-schedules
info Deleted pages:
Deleted page: /blog/the-simple-truth-about-why-we-procrastinate
Deleted page: /blog/how-to-use-productivity-rules-to-conquer-more
Deleted page: /blog/the-best-planner-now-for-ipads
Deleted page: /blog/tony-robbins-secrets-for-goal-setting
Deleted page: /blog/leadership-books-that-will-motivate-you-to-succeed
Deleted page: /blog/6-powerful-rules-for-success
Deleted page: /blog/covid-shutdown-2021-how-to-be-prepared
Deleted page: /blog/why-being-perfect-is-destroying-you
Deleted page: /blog/10-habits-you-should-break-to-be-more-productive
Deleted page: /blog/8-effective-productivity-tips-of-the-ultra-successful
Deleted page: /blog/how-to-follow-through-with-your-changes-in-2021
Deleted page: /blog/10-easy-and-productive-things-to-do-on-weekends
Deleted page: /blog/why-writing-things-down-can-boost-productivity
Deleted page: /blog/prioritizing-goals-whats-most-important
Deleted page: /blog/how-to-plan-a-wedding-yourself-8-wedding-planning-tips-you-need-to-know
Deleted page: /blog/need-a-custom-digital-planner-here-s-how-to-do-it

Netlify has helped by trying to identify the error on their end, but concluded that something is happening on the Prismic end.

I've built a minimal reproduction, removing shopify and standard pages from the equation, just building blog posts since those are the only pages being deleted.

What's the best way to share? I don't want to expose any private keys (Prismic or Netlify). I could create a new Netlify site just for testing, but Prismic my plan doesn't allow me to duplicate the Prismic repo, so I can't separate it from the production site.

Any help would be great, thanks

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the community!

I haven't seen this issue before so I'll be happy to debug this with you.

If you can send me your project in a zip or with a GitHub link, then if it's ok with you I can create a private clone for testing purposes only which we will delete once the issue has been resolved.

Does that work for you?

Thanks.

Thanks @Phil, I just sent you a PM.

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for sending this to me, I will try and get a look at this by tomorrow and see what the issue could be.

Thanks.

Thanks, really appreciate it @Phil. I've been stuck on this for a while now and it's wracking my brain. I had another thread in the Netlify forum and someone else chimed in who is experiencing a similar, if not the same issue.

Best,
Kevin

Hey Kevin!

Phil is going to be off for the next few days, so I'll be helping you.

I ran your project in a test Netlify environment and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. For example. URLs like this one are available: /blog/prioritizing-goals-whats-most-important

• Could you give me more details about where this warning appears, and how exactly these pages are being deleted?
  • What happens if you try to access those URLs?
  • Have you tried logging in the API response to see if the error actually comes from your Prismic repository?

Thanks

Hi @Pau, just wondering if you've had any luck?

Thx

Hey there @kevinf, yes we were able to run your project. But we couldn't reproduce the issue on our end. The URLs redirect to the correct pages.

This thread has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.