Redeploy/Rebuild webhook on Heroku?

Does anyone else use Heroku to host a static site? I have their usual Git integration set up, so it will automatically rebuild when I push code changes, but I would like it to also rebuild the app with the existing code when I publish content changes in Prismic.

Does anyone know how to do with with Heroku?

Heroku's platform API doesn't have an officially-documented endpoint for this. I gave up and put my app on Digital Ocean App Platform instead.
And now I'm having problems with that! ...so I'll make a new thread.

Hey @technical1 ,

It looks like you don't need support with this anymore, so I'm going to close this thread, but let me know if you change your mind and you do want to keep going with Heroku. You can just flag the thread to re-open it.

Sam

There's actually a somewhat undocumented of this working with heroku. You need to use

https://kolkrabbi.heroku.com/apps//github/push as the url in the webhook, add a token for an authorization header and use their custom accept header.

You can get all of this from the network inspector when you click the "deploy" button if you use the github integration.

FWIW, it would be great for Prismic to support a custom payload element in webhooks

1 Like

Hey @djwasserman,

Thanks for this info, and welcome to the Prismic community :slight_smile:

We have a feature request here for webhook custom payloads: Webhooks - inlcude payload - #8

You can add a :heart: if you want to show your support for the idea.

Sam