Suggestion: Click through to relationship field document from where it's linked

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if not please point me in the right direction for future suggestions, as I have many more.

I have a very "componentised" content modeling approach, where blocks of reusable content will have their own content model / documents (so we don't have to copy/paste content everywhere). Then, I have content models for the pages themselves which may have unique, page-specific fields, but also use a lot of "content relationship" fields that reference the components contents.

For example, I might have a Testimonial custom type with the quote, author etc., and then in some page I want to choose one of the existing Testimonial documents to include on the page which I select via the content relationship field.

This works, but the problem is that content editors can't click though to the linked Testimonial, so they have to exit the page doc and work out how to track down the content type for the linked document.

You can already click to preview the linked doc, but you can't edit. It would be really helpful if they could click and be taken to the document so that they can edit it without having to work out how to find it first.

1 Like

Hey Sean!

You are in the correct place, the Features category is the place where you can share all your feedback/feature ideas !!

Your suggestion is really cool, I'd would be a great thing to have for Content relationship fields.

Something you can use to have more detailed organization inside your documents and be able to filter them so finding them later it's easier is to use the Default tagging system. This wouldn't solve the fact that you still have to manually exit one document to go look for the linked one, but it gives you more granularity at the moment of searching that doc.

I'm going to add your leave this thread as an open feature request. And if/when we have any news about it well communicate them in here.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @sean ,

Another useful way to find your documents to edit, would be navigating through the front end of your website and using the edit button. The edit button will show you a link to the main document and any linked documents and take you right to the correct page in the writing room to edit them.

Thanks.

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.