Thanks for installing Slice Machine and contributing to the development of this open source project.
Currently, Slice Machine is mostly in beta, with Slice Machine in alpha. So, you might encounter some issues.
Here are the most common issues and the solutions. This list is up-to-date as of January 12, 2021. Please feel free to suggest additions.
The current working versions are here:
The first issue that you might run into is that your repo is not on a Slice Machine-enabled cluster in Prismic's backend. This should not happen with repos created through the Slice Machine CLI, but it can happen with others. Send us a request, and we'll add your repo to a Slice Machine cluster.
This could be an issue with authentication. Try logging out and in:
prismic logout prismic login # enter credentials
If that doesn't work, make sure:
- you are inside a SliceMachine project,
sm.jsonfile contains a valid "apiEndpoint" value,
- you can access this repository from your dashboard.
These issues are likely because you're not on the right version of
slice-machine-ui. Change to 0.0.42.
Error 413 was an issue with uploading preview images. We released a fix for it with
This was related to a typo in an earlier version of
slice-machine-ui. Try updating
Otherwise, you can try replacing
list-item,o-list-item in your model, and see if that helps.
- Reinstall the Prismic CLI
- Reauthenticate (as above)
- Check that your repo name is correct in your config file
- Restart your project from scratch
- Contact us with your error message and a zip file or GitHub repo containing your project files