UID giving 404

Hey Team! We are changing a uid of an already published document but when opening the website with the new uid, we are getting a 404.
For your reference, here's the Prismic document link -> https://mystique.prismic.io/documents~b=working&c=published&l=en-us/ZY0azBEAACcAP8uj/?section=Main

Hey there :slight_smile:

When you change the UID of the document, it's similar to publishing a new document with that UID. If you're getting a 404, I can think of two potential reasons:

• Perhaps the changes were saved but not published in Prismic
  • Perhaps your site hasn't rebuilt yet, or there is some cached data causing problems

Let me know if that helps.

Sam

So we tried debugging this further. We are currently trying to create documents with uids in the format mentioned below
www.london-theater-tickets.com.london-theatre-news.wicked-film-adaption-starring-ariana-grande-sets-release-date

The slug in bold is changing with every new doc we create but the rest of the prefix remains same. The outcome is that some documents are working fine but some of throw 404 from prismic api

Hey @headout,

Does that mean that you enter this whole value into the UID field?

www.london-theater-tickets.com.london-theatre-news.wicked-film-adaption-starring-ariana-grande-sets-release-date

Sam

Yes!

Hey @headout,

Can I ask, why are you using that format for UIDs? Typically we recommend using a short slug for the UID.

Sam