Today, I created a new repository with Next.js, setup my local environment, and installed slice machine. Next, I creates 8 slices and two Content Types and pushed everything to my repo. I was able to create two entries (one for each type) and save and publish the changes. However, when I attempted to create a third, I am not able to.
When I click the Green "Create New" button in the upper right-hand portion of the screen, I expect to see i dialog appear which allows me to choose a content type. This popup never appears. The only thing that appears to change is the URL in the location bar. It changes from https://example.prismic.io/documents/working?l=en-us to https://example.prismic.io/documents/. The "working?l=en-us" is removed.
None of my other repos seems to be affected with this issue.
I'm not sure what has happened. Can anyone offer guidance?
I haven't seen ay similar errors with the latest version of Slice Machine. The issue you're experiencing may be related to a cache or cookie problem in your browser. Here are a few things you can try:
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies
- If clearing your cache and cookies doesn't work, try using a different browser to see if the issue persists.
- Check your internet connection: It's possible that a slow or unstable internet connection could be causing the issue.
Additionally, you could try creating a new repository with the same, or similar slices and content types to see if the issue persists. This will help determine whether the issue is specific to your repository or a general problem.
Thank you for your response. We can rule out cookies/cash and internet connection. The same issue persists across browsers and I am definitely connected to the internet.
I'm open to trying the second repo approach. I'm wondering if there is an easy way to export the fiesld from the current (broken) repo into a new one. I currently have 8 slices and two content types with approximately 50 total fields. Recreating them again, by hand is a lot of work.
I'll try to reproduce the issue on my end as well. The only option Prismic has to move content to another repository is by using Import / Export, which is available starting on the Medium Plan.
Let me know if the issue persists.
Thank you, Pau.
I've done a lot of debugging - trying different combinations - and I think that my repo must somehow be damaged. The other two test repos that I created seemed to be working fine.
I was hoping that my latest test would have worked, but the results are always the same. I can create one instance of each custom type and then the Write button no longer functions. Here are the steps taken from my last session:
- I archive and delete all entries.
- I clicked the Dashboard link and enter the problem repo.
- I deleted the "Page" custom type from slice machine.
- I pushed the changes to Prismic.
- I can only create one Case Study.
- I removed the "name" field from the Case Study custom type.
- Same issue
- I removed all slices from the Case Study custom type.
- Same issue
- I deleted the "Case Study" custom type.
- I created a new "Single" custom type called "Bunnies" with one field "UID data.uid" and no slices.
- I push the changes and created one bunny.
- The write button no longer works.
Would you be able to provide us with a screen recording of this issue so I can share it with the dev team?
Hello, I have the same issue, repository name: mecanika-swing
I read the only solution is to delete and recreate everything but seem a little... time consuming.
Please find a recording of the issue
Hey @MecanikaSwing, are your custom types singletons?