Unable to find synchronise button to copy content from Staging to Prod

Hi!
We are ready to go live as the production environment is ready now! But I struggle to find the “synchronise” button in our Prod > setting so that we can copy our content from Staging over to Prod. There’s an export / import button instead.

How can I find the synchronisation function?
What’s the difference between import/export and the synchronisation function in Prismic please?

Thanks so much!

Hello @patty

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

This is not possible to copy content from the staging to the Production environment. The Environments were created to clone the entirety of your production repository, copying all Custom Types, documents, and media files to the Staging environment.

One workaround that might work (I've never tested it and am not sure if it exists) would be to export the data from the staging env and reimport it to the production.
Please find more details about Import/Export and its limitations here: Import/Export - Documentation - Prismic

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Priyanka

1 Like

Hi Wendy! Hope you are well.

I’m trying to “synchronise” from Staging to Production but unable to find that button under the Prod’s setting screen. I find an export/import button instead. Have you tried that and if so Will all the documents and their linking relationship preserved? We are due to go live this week and I’ve planned to use the synchronise feature to save time for go live. I hope to hear from you. Thanks so much!

PJC.

thanks Priyanka. We ended up using export from Staging and import to Prod. =)

Great @patty. Let us know if you need any other assistance.