Usability issues with preformatted text blocks and labels

I have a StructuredText / Rich text in my document. If I apply a label to the entire block it makes the text unreadable. See the attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 22.22.11

Hi Ben,
I’m not sure I understood your question! are you applying a label to be able to style a text block using Prismic HTML serialiser?

Can you please give us some more info about the use case and the technology you are trying to use to be able to help.

Fares

Sorry @Fares, I wasn’t clear.
This is a usability problem in the writing room. Preformatted text blocks have a dark background and white text. Applying a label changes the background to pale yellow, but the text remains white and becomes unreadable.

Thank you @benembery for reporting this issue and the clarifications, I’ve been able to reproduce the issue and turns out that it is a known issue, so I will update the issue in our issue tracker and we will get back to you once we get some info.

Hi @benembery,

This is to let you know that this issue has been fixed and released, please let us know if it doesn’t work for you.

@Fares, sorry to say but I’m still seeing the same issue. I’ve cleared my browser cache too :man_shrugging:.

Hi Ben, thanks for letting us know, I check with our production team and get back to you ASAP.

Also would it be possible to send me the name of your repository in a direct message.

Hi,

This is to let you know that this fix has been deployed to all clients as our production team confirmed to me, there was probably some delay in the process.

Please let us know if you have any further issues/questions :wink:

This issue has been closed as it has been fixed, Flag if it is not the case for you to reopen.

Hey, Just reopened this as I'm still seeing this bug. Either it wasn't fixed (Can't tell as the previous thread owner didn't ever state it was fixed), or the fix has been reverted.

Here's what I see

Yellow is preformatted with a label (issue)
Black is preformatted without a label

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately there has been no fix released for this yet, but the team is planning an overhaul of the rich text editor soon and hopefully this will be included as part of those updates.

We'll try to be more transparent with this information in regards to following up on threads in the future.

Thanks.

This thread is being monitored as an open ticket in the issue tracker. We will update this post as we get more information. You can ‘Flag’ this topic to reopen.