Version and Promote custom-types/slices through different environment using CICD

Hi,
In order to build a content model that can be versioned in a Git repo and promoted through different environments using a pipeline, I didn't find a way to do it, neither an Admin API or CLI that make import/export

• I explored the "prismic theme" cli cmd to push content type but the issue with that it is only creating new repo, it is not suited for updating an existing repository to update the content model and it is not handling slice models.

• I manage to use "slice machine" cli in order to publish to the prismic and keep it in sync for one environement, but it is becoming quite tricky to handle environment promotion (dev->staging->prod) of slices models only and it is not handling "custom types" at all.

Is there any thing I missed ? For me each it is such standard use case that I am surprised that I did not find any solutions or even queries about this in the forum. What do you think about this ?

Signed:A new curious user :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mehdi,

Thanks for posting this question, and welcome to the Prismic community :slight_smile:

No, you haven't missed anything! This is a feature that we're rolling out soon.

You're right, the theme command is not meant to versioning Custom Types. As part of Slice Machine, we're working on a Custom Type builder, which you will be able to use to version your Custom Types in your code base.

Stay tuned to our newsletter for an update when this feature comes out.

Sam

Thank you Sam ,
Do we have a rough idea of when this feature will come out ? T2/T3 ? Maybe later
thanks a lot !

Hey @mehdi.alaoui ,

I wish I could say, but we can't put an estimate on it yet. I can say that it is under active development.

Sam

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.