What does changing display name (global settings) do?

Hi there. We've had a client go through a rebranding, which included a name change. We would like to change the name of the Prismic repo, which would include the mycompany.prismic.io subdomain. I see there is an option, "Display name", in the administration area under Global settings. The help text reads "Display name is a label used for your repository in Prismic interface, it can be modified, but does not affect the API response."

Question: What does changing this setting actually do? And if this isn't what we want, how do we go about making the change described above?

Thanks!

Hello! Changing the Display name for a repository just changes the name that appears in the Prismic UI. For example, in your Dashboard.

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the repository subdomain. I'll add this to our feature request tracker as a possible improvement for the future.

Thanks for your reply!

There is a second part to my question: How do we go about making the change described above?

You said "there is no way to change the repository subdomain" - presumably you mean that there is no way I can do this through the interface. So how do we get this done? Can we make a request to the support team? Do we have to migrate to another repository?

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry that I wasn't clear. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the subdomain on our side either. If you need the new subdomain, then you'll need to create a new repository with the subdomain and recreate everything there. Sorry that this isn't more straightforward.