Add in a Slice overview

Feature Idea (one per thread):

Add a list of the currently displayed slices and allow users to jump directly to that slice (contents)

Issue that it solves:

When utilizing slices to their fullest potential, with 10-15 (or more) on a page, the user is punished when trying to quickly find a slice because the page gets harder to scan as more content is added

An overview (think something like a list of contents) would be a great way of quickly allowing users to navigate around the page so they can find what they're looking for - perfect for editing.

Screenshot or video of the issue (if applicable):

I've made a quick mockup (I haven't thought deeply about UX here so there might be better things to show.

Currently each tab is an anchor link to the appropriate slice
it currently shows

• Slice type (Hero)
  • Title (First text field displayed)
  • Items (count only)
  • The slice currently in view (shown through colour)

This also helps utilize some of the unused space in the sidebar, but with this approach, careful care would need to be taken to not have it confused with the revisions shown above

Hello @dan Thank you very much for the feedback and for taking the time to create a mock-up with so much detail, it helps us a lot to see clearly how you imagine the feature you are looking for.

I’ll add it to the feature request tracker. If there is news about this feature being generated, a public announcement will be created here in the forum.

Thanks!

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.