Feature proposal: duplicate slice item

it would be cool to be able to duplicate a slice item when editing a content. Thanks !

3 Likes

Hey Philippe, thanks for reaching out!

Duplicating a Slice with content could be a cool feature to have. I'll add this as an open feature request for future improvements.

In the meantime, you can still create as many empty Slices as you want/need and then add the content to them

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.

I want to second this feature request! Being able to duplicate a slice within the document editing UI would be hugely helpful!

Would be super useful for us! Our use case needs many slices with slight variations in each. We have docs linked inside these slices, so being able to duplicate the slice with its links would avoid us having to manually re-link the docs inside each slice.

Yeah, same here. That's something small, but it would be super helpful for my team as well. Any progress on this one or the expectations to launch?

Thanks for joining the conversation @gabriel, @anthony_h and @nevers. We don't have any specific updates regarding the implementation or launch of this feature. Currently, there is no information available regarding the timeline or plans for introducing this functionality.

If there are any further updates about this feature request, we will make sure to communicate them.

This is something you should really push internally. Having slice duplication option would solve a lot of problems for my team.

Hi @here,

I'm happy to inform you that this is a feature that we have made a part of our new page builder :slight_smile: :tada:

You can read about the page builder in the link below.

BUT PLEASE BE WARNED:
The page builder is still in ALPHA, so there are some features that are not ready (PLEASE CHECK THE LIST).

If you would like to test it out, please drop me your repo URL here.