API only without Slicer

Hi,

I am new to Prismic and trying to understand how it all works. I intend to use Prismic as an API only CMS but I am having a hard time finding any material for that use case. Most articles are about how to use Slicer which I don't need because my frontend is a Unity 3D application so it makes no sense to create HTML Slices.

Can you direct me to some articles about using Prismic for my use case?

Hi @sammi

Thanks for reaching out.

Well, it all depends on the programming language and formwork you want to use; you can check the frameworks/Language we support here.

In all cases, you can use our REST API directly; follow this link to learn more about our REST API.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Best,
Fares

Thank you.

I am actually thinking about how I would create the custom types without the Slicer.

Should I use Slicer to create the types even if I have no intention of using the templates/components created by it?

Hi,

In fact, if you try to create a new repository right now and choose "with another framework," the custom types editor will be available.

Slice Machine functionality is only available right now from Next.js and Nuxt.js otherwise, it is the same as before.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Fares