Cannot paste text in image alt (in image tag inside rich text field)

Hello ! I have a bug to report: when editing an image inside a rich text field, I cannot past content into the alt field of said image, it replaces the image totally. (chrome on macos).

2 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for posting us and I'll be happy to look into this. I need more information about this. It would be really helpful if you can share a screen recording of this issue with us.

Thanks.

Here you go: https://we.tl/t-r4YcOGtLfT

Thanks for sharing this video with us and I can reproduce the issue too. It seems that we can’t copy paste in alt text. I'll let the product team know about this bug.

For the moment, you can type the alt text directly in the alt text field instead of copy paste.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is a limitation of the library that we use for RichText. We will see if they fixed that in the latest version.

The workaround is to type the text in to the field or to paste the text first in to the alt text field of the image in the library and reselect the image.

Even better we would suggest building your pages with Slices and not using images in Rich Text fields.

Hi @Phil ,

Is there any update on this issue? We are using rich text field to edit article content in our blog project. It's very inconvenient that we can't simply paste text in the alt text field of the image. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hello @kelly_ke, we don't have news about this just yet.
We hope to solve the problem as soon as possible.

@Phil @Pau are there any updates on this? This issue is still present :confused:

Hello @abrymora, no news about this feature yet.
You can follow all the features we're working on in our progress page: What's new - Prismic

Can't set image alt text in rich text. Only the alphabet can be set.

Currently, we have a number of articles that are being turned into products. But this is one critical issue described above. Please help me resolve this issue. Thank you.

Hello @carson,

Welcome to Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

For copying & paste alt text in English

• I was able to reproduce this issue, reached out to our team, and was told it's a known issue; we are tracking it and will let you know when we have news. In the meantime, a workaround is to type the text in English in the field, and here's a thread about this issue on the forum.

For typing in Korean

• I was also able to reproduce this, it's a bug, and I will reach out to the dedicated team.

Thanks,
Racheal.

Can only enter the Korean alt option in the 'Build mode' image field.
The image in the Rich Text Field can't type the alt option in Korean.

Therefore, the alt option error for a rich text field can be fixed the same as for an image field.

We need to build products our quickly. I'm desperate for this to be resolved quickly.

Thank you.

Yes, you are right. You can't type Korean text in the alt field, which has been documented as a known issue. I can't guarantee when it will be fixed, but you will be updated when it has been fixed.