Error trying to unpublish / archive documents

Hello,

I have 4 documents in a specific release. The 4 documents are listed in one specific release with state "unpublish".

I can't edit these documents. When I try to unpublish them I got an error (if I look in the console i can see the response: code 409 - {"CONFLICT":{"type":"publish-missing"}}). The same error happens when I try to archive these documents.

These documents aren't show anymore in the Work tab and neither in the Archive tab, only on this specific release tab

Even so, this document is returned when querying from the api using the master reference.

What can I do to be able to work again with these 4 documents?

Hey Alexander, thanks for reaching out. This is very strange because documents scheduled in a release to be unpublished require to be published in the first place. This is the first time I see a case like this. Could you share the URL of your repo with me so I can investigate further?

Thanks

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.

I have the exact same issue in my repo

Captura de tela de 2021-01-26 11-07-36
This is my screen on the "Planned" section

I get the same error when trying to publish or archive a page. Also, when trying to access an archived page, i get a page loader indefinitely.

I have solved my issue. By removing a specific slice from the page type, I can publish without errors. Still not sure why. I suppose the slice was invalid or something like that. Still, would be nice to get some sort of useful feedback when that happens.

1 Like

@milena.martins, thanks for letting us know about this. We're investigating; when we have more information, I'll post an update here.

Hello @ruben.kuiper! in your case seems a little different. Are these documents you're trying to publish/archive in a release? Can you please share with me the URL of your repo? Here or in a dm (:

Thanks

@Pau any update? I'm having the exact same issues when trying to save pages. The header status code is 409 conflict and the response message says { type: "publish-missing" }

Hello @joshuarussell we're gathering as much info as we can to get to understand this issue better. I'll come back to this same thread when I have more information.

In the meantime, could you share with me the URL of your repository and the name of the document and custom type where you see this error?

Thanks a lot

Hey @milena.martins, we did a test in your repository, and the release is empty. Did you manage to archive their documents in the release after all?

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.

Hi,

What was the solution for this bug? We are currently experiencing the same issue when we try to save any changes to a published document.

After we have saved the changes, and we try to publish the document, we see a "Error - Click to retry" button and the following response logged in the Network panel:

Request URL: https://our-repo.prismic.io/app/documents/XXX
Method: POST
Status code: 409
Response: {"CONFLICT":{"type":"publish-missing"}}

Thanks for your help.

We are still experiencing this issue and have not been able to publish new documents or make changes to any of our documents for 2 days now. Could someone from the support teams look into our repo for us? Can DM repo names and documents it's effecting.

Thanks.

Hey Kathie!

Yes, please send us the name of your repo and the uid of the document where you first saw this error. We'll need to run a test on our end

Thanks

There was no one solution for this, it turned out each user above was experiencing something different. One user has an empty release, another had made changes and was seeing different results than expected and finally, another had made JSON changes in their Custom Type which were causing errors in the document.

Have any changes been made in your Custom Types recently?

Thanks.

This thread has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.