Feature requests collection

Hey Kolby,

I'm glad to see you're enjoying Prismic. Yeah this is a long one haha it took me a while to put this response together but here we go. I'll try and address each point as best I can. In the future we encourage you to create separate threads as we can have full conversations about each point that way.

Images (Range Slider):

I totally agree with this one, it's an edge case I never thought of. I've passed this to the features team.

Multi-select:

I'm not totally clear on your use case here, can you explain a little further?

Rich text editor:

We have plans in the future to do a full overhaul of the rich text editor, so we won't be implementing any features in the current iteration, but I'll address each point anyway.

font size is really small, especially for lengthy documents

The font-size is a pretty standard 14px, it's possible to increase the font-size in the browser by zooming if it's hard to see. We could enable an option to make the font-size larger in the repo, but this might give the impression to content writers that this would be reflected in the front-end and this could cause confusion.

hard to distinguish a rich-text field from other fields

That's interesting, it's true until you click on the field it's not clear it's a rich text, maybe placeholders can be used to make this clearer. Do you have any suggestions on how we could make this more distinct?

toolbar is far away from field in most cases - especially on large screens

I'm not sure what you mean by this one can you share a screenshot to explain?

Formatting options that are missing from the normal
We have documented in a another thread how to add additional styling options to the rich text field.

image options - adding an option similar to labels for images to allow for alignment/floats/custom classes
This is not something that we plan to implement, we plan to properly deprecate labels for images as we prefer that people use slices to build options to use and align images because of the complexities that arise with images within text fields.

Word counter

I like this idea, I think this could be really useful I've added a tick to our feature request tracker for this.

Full-screen editing

Can you elaborate on this further?

The possibility to collapse the content within a slice - especially useful for really long documents.

Cool idea, I've passed it on.

Custom Types

Disable the preview button based on the custom type.

If we were to implement this then this would cause release previews to break if you created a new author and a new document linked to this author. You wouldn't be able to preview this unpublished document.

Documents

We've addressed the ordering question here before:

Bookmarking / saving filters

We do have the collections feature, were you can apply features on types. Although your extra filter options are interesting but they fall under the sorting conversation again I think.

Support

Ability to disable the documentation button in the navigation

This is not something that we plan to do as our documentation also includes user guides for content creation. We are planning a documentation overhaul though which might make this divide clearer.

Ability to disable the intercom button (bottom right). When allowing clients access, we prefer they contact us (the developers) rather than you for questions about their website. This can be confusing for clients.

I agree on this one I think we could make this clearer what that contact button is for. I'm not sure how we could do that though hopefully the design team will have some ideas.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions and we can talk more at length about anything or any of our decisions, but yeah maybe we'll have to break this thread up a bit.

Thanks.