Getting Unable to save version error when trying to update document

When trying to update a document I receive the following error:
Unable to save version:
List(JsError(List((,List(ValidationError(error.expected.jsstring,WrappedArray()))))))

This occurs on the following document:
https://tsb-corporate-hub.prismic.io/documents~b=working&c=unclassified&l=en-gb/XuN_1RAAACIAJJQZ/?section=Main
This document uses the content type of Branch and has uid of 'retford'. We have some 400 of these setup. When I tried to update another of the same doc type did not have any issue (uid camberley). When I try to create a new Branch doc I run into the same issue.

Let me know if there is any other info I should provide for troubleshooting

Hello, welcome to the Community!

Thank you for reaching out about this. I've informed the dev team, I'll come back when I have more information.

Can I get an update on this, still not able to update make an update to the document

Hello @professionalservices, Sorry for the delay. We're still tracking this issue in the backlog. As soon as we address it I'll come back to this same thread.

Thank you for your understanding

Hello again, we're trying to find this error but we're unable to reproduce it on our end. Can you try to trigger the error again so we can track it on our side?

Thanks in advance

Sure thing. Just tried again on this doc:
https://tsb-corporate-hub.prismic.io/documents~c=unclassified&l=en-gb/XuN_1RAAACIAJJQZ/?section=Main

Getting same error, here is quick video of what I am seeing:

Let me know if you need anymore info to track down

1 Like

This is really helpful. Thanks a lot!

Hey @professionalservices.

We took a look at your repository, and we found something. In the Branch custom type, you defined a default_value 0 in a field. This triggers a global behavior that will set a default value as 0 (the value they defined). At the moment, the backend doesn't expect a number like this, and it fires up an error in the content.

Soon, this won't be considered an error anymore, but in the meantime, you'll need to remove it from the custom type and update the document.

Try this out and let me know how it goes.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.