How to add title attributes for links

I want to add title attribute for all links on RichText, for SEO reasons i need to add manually link titles with a script but i think its gonna be an awesome feature on dashboard for developers

2 Likes

Hi Team,

I don’t think I fully understand your idea here, can you explain a little further?

What Wearelua is referring to is the title attribute in an HTML link as in… <a href=“https://www.company.com” title=“ABC Company Website”>. I have the same need because although this attribute is of less value for SEO than most realize many clients still want it and it does have value to screen readers for the visually impaired.

Exactly, on RichText i have to add HTMLSerialize and set title attribute equals to the link content , but this is not the better way

Hey @chris,

Welcome to the community and thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately this isn’t something that’s possible at the moment. I’ll add this as feature request, although it’s not something that’s in our immediate plans. If/when the team has any updates on this they’ll update you here.

For links inside rich text fields then the only workaround is as @wearelua described, to use the htmlserializer.

For anything out the Rich text field, then the best to model this is to add a key text field at the same place you add the link. Then your users can add the title information and you can pass this data to the attribute in the project.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Thanks.

1 Like

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.