How to search for a specific page

How does the search-bar work in the repository? If I put a specific word in the search bar it gives me also pages that not even have the words I searched in the name. I don´t understand the logic. Are there some symbols I can use to have more specific results?
Thank you!

Hello @daniela.carducci, To properly search your document. I’d recommend having a look at this article.

As every search system, our search bar also has a fuzzy search that can find work having the same root as the one that you’re looking for, that’s why sometimes you can find articles without the words that you’re looking for but with the same root.

You might also want to have a look at the language of the documents that you’re searching for/writing. This fuzzy search varies depending on the language. Your content might not be indexed in the proper language because of your configuration.

1 Like

Hi renaud! Thanks for the answer! :slight_smile:
I understand. It make sense, given the results I got. So, in the case I want to search for specific words only in the document name (in my case they are urls) I cannot use “”" or something else to narrow it down?

No it’s not possible at the moment. I will track that as a feature request.

How can i search for a specific page based on uid?

In my repository, we have more or less 6k of documents and i need to search for a specific page… But i can’t, it’s impossible… There’s a way to search for a specific page based on your uid? like:

uid: vivo

2 Likes

@Phil @renaud can you help me with this?

Hey Joao,

If you are talking about inside the Prismic dashboard, then unfortunately there’s no way to specify searching by UID.

I would really like to see this too, and as Renaud said we are tracking this as a feature request. We are aware that the search is in need of some love. We are exploring options of how we could improve it in the future, but it’s not something that is in our immediate roadmap.

There’s a couple of options to help find a document:

1: You could use the edit button on your live website to take you directly to the page you want to edit.

2: Alternatively one way you could search by UID is in the API Browser:

You can visit your API Browser at a URL like so:

https://your-repository-name.prismic.io/api/v2

To find a document by it’s UID you can enter a query in the query field of the browser:

You will enter your query in the following format:

[at(my.{custom-type}.uid, "{uid}")]

So as you can see you will also need to include the custom type of the document that you’re searching. If you don’t know it, you can find all available types for your repo at your CDN endpoint:

https://your-repository-name.cdn.prismic.io/api/v2

So your query might look like:

[at(my.post.uid, "vivo")]

You can then use the full information that you find in API Browser response to help you search better in the Dashboard so you can edit the document.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.