Insert non-breaking spaces in rich text

Hello
I would like to insert a non-breaking space ' ' in rich text field but cannot figure how.

Thanks !
Eli

Hi Eli,

There are keyboard shortcuts for entering non breaking spaces, but these depend on your operating system and browser:

Chrome (Mac) option + space
Safari (Mac) option + shift + space
Firefox option + shift + space
Windows Left Alt + 255 or Alt + 0160 (Explanation: Hold Left Alt; while holding it, type 255 on the number pad; release Left Alt)

You can read more about these here.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

1 Like

Thanks very much, it works ! :slight_smile:

Could it be added as an option to the WYSIWYG toolbar perhaps?

I know you are trying to keep the toolbar lean, which I agree with entirely, but could be nice to have some other non-default buttons that can be added via the JSON config?

1 Like

I’ll let the @features-team know and add this to our feature request tracker as a possible improvement for the future.

1 Like

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.

anyone know how to remove a non breaking space in rich text? it's breaking my text in ui

Hi @moinulmoin101,

When you paste your content from whatever source you need to select 'Paste and match style' to avoid extra formatting like this.

Thanks.

1 Like