Integration API Authentication

Hey,

I've been reading Set up Integration Fields - Prismic. It says that the authentication token you provide is used as the username for basic auth flow.

I'm using Caddy server and it currently doesn't support Basic Auth without a password.

Would you guys consider updating this to token to be the password and perhaps a fixed username like Prismic?

I'm curious behind the decision to make it the username and not the password.

cheers,
Scott.

I worked out a way to do this with Caddy, but would still be interested in the change and thought process behind it.

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the Prismic community.

Thanks for sharing this workaround if possible, that will be really helpful for the community and let me check with our product team and I will get back to you regarding your question.

Fares

Hey Fares,

This is the workaround for caddy... Basic auth without password - #2 by francislavoie - Help - Caddy Community

Their standard method requires a username and a password.

cheers,
Scott.

1 Like

Hey @Fares,

Did you manage to follow this up?

Thank you,
Scott.

We have created a feature request to our Product board, we have linked this thread to it.
We will let you know in case of any updates.

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.