Issue to fetch Unpublished document on the api-migration-release

Hi,

I am currently building a feature using the migration API and I manage to post new documents with it.
But my issue is, when I try to fetch the unpublished documents that are in the migration release (by passing the correct ref and lang to the SDK), no documents are returned (empty array).

const documents = await prismicClient.getAllByType(document.type, {
          ref: migration_ref,
          lang: '*',
        })

Weirdly after previewing these documents, only after that they appear in the reponse.

I dont know what is the issue here. Would you give a hint ? :slight_smile:

Kind regards

Alex

Hi @belco,

You’re right, the documents in your migration release weren’t published to the Documents API until you previewed them. We update the Documents API as soon as the migration release or an individual document within the release is previewed or published.

We chose not to republish every time an action occurred on the Migration API for performance reasons. However, we understand that the current trigger for publishing might not be clear in the Migration API. We’re planning to make this more transparent in a future update.

Could you share your specific use case for retrieving documents before publishing or previewing them? This will help us better understand and improve our process.

Best,
Alaina