List of media files with details

I just figured out that I need to replace more or less all images as the naming convention that Prismic uses to store the files is not accepted by Linkedin when used in og:image (upper case and plus sign are not allowed). Obviously, once i reuploaded the images wiht the new filename syntax, I need to re-publish all documents that are using them.

Is there a way to get a full list of all images, their filename and alt text and in which documents they are used?

Hi @peter2

Thanks for reaching out.

I think the way to go is to use the Import/Export feature to export all documents and use a script to extract the images URL that has been used in the docs using a Regular expression

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,
Fares

Hi @Fares,

The import/export feature is only available from mid-level price. For what I would need it, it's a too steep price increase. Is there any other solution?

Thanks,
Peter

Well, I'm not sure there is another way, but maybe listing all documents from the API can help show the old images to replace?!

@Fares, I wouldn't know which ones are used though.

Can I upgrade my subscription and downgrade after a few days? What impact will this have on the billing?

Thanks,
Peer

Just found the answer here: Import then downgrade? - #8

I looked into import/export and there is no benefit using it in comparison to making standard api calls for this purpose.

Apart from this I also concluded that Prismic currently does not offer any practical way to manage images, being it to identify which images are not used, or used where to be able to replace them. Perhaps something the dev team can take on board in an approach to overall improve the usefulness of the media management tool.