Media Library - Image Upload Error

Hello! We are having issues uploading images to the Media Library. The upload progress is stuck at 0% and we're getting an error in the console.

We've tried a few remedies like using different browsers, disabling ad blocker, clear cookies, etc. Our client just notified us that the problem has been going on for a few weeks now. I've attached a couple of screenshots!

1 Like

This thread is being monitored as an open ticket in the issue tracker. We will update this post as we get more information. If you have a similar use-case, you can ‘Flag’ this topic to reopen.

Hello Cole, welcome to the Community, and thanks for sharing this with us.

Could you please send me the URL of your repository (via dm if you prefer) so we can do a test on our side?

Thanks

Hi Paulina! Thank you :) I'll DM you the URL to the repository.

1 Like

Hello Cole, I just wanted to check back in to ask you if it would be possible to send us the Image that is causing you problems.

I hope you're doing great. Thanks

We're experiencing the same issue. Can you please help, all gifs loading to the image library are set at 0%.

Hi Kirsten,

Welcome to the community!

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so can you tell me if you are optimising your gifs before upload? Because this can cause problems:

Thanks.

I'm also experiencing this exact same issue and it's preventing me from uploading any images. I can share repository and image details separately if helpful. The error on Chrome is Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'uploads') and on Firefox is Uncaught TypeError: Repository.config is undefined

With some more testing this appears to only be an issue with large image files. This error is happening with images that are > 20 mb but is not happening with a 6mb image

Hi @nat,

What your experiencing here is the 10mb file size limit for images as described here:

I think we could definitely have better error messaging here so I'm passing this to the team to mark as an improvement.

Thanks.

One year passed and new customers still are greeted with the same cryptic error...

Could you please share the status of the bug ticket to display error "Images over 10 Mb are not supported" near the form instead of collapsing? Does it exist on the roadmap?

Hello @oleksandr, thanks for joining the conversation.

We don't have news about this feature yet. If this changes, we'll inform everyone in this same thread.