Page Builder Slice Preview Error

Greetings Prismic People!

I am currently writing a post for my own site. Yes, every once in a while we get to do our own stuff, right?

I've noticed that the slice previews in the page builder appear to function for a brief moment before they go blank. Then after a little while, they say "error" in them.

Looking good :point_down:
Screenshot 2024-02-18 180343

:sob: :point_down:
Screenshot 2024-02-18 180743

Am I the only one experiencing this? Some relevant details:

Browser: Edge
Version: 121.0.2277.128
Console Errors:
Screenshot 2024-02-18 181016

Update to this "conundrum."

I just published the post. The instant I hit publish, the slice previews appeared and stayed rather than going blank and then erroring.

Second update.
I've noticed now that when I edit a document and the slice previews work in the page builder, this is what causes them to stop working.

1. Hit Preview the Page.
  2. Select your preview environment.
  3. Page preview opens in a new tab and sets cookies.
  4. Return to page builder (slice previews are still working).
  5. Navigate back to your document list.
  6. Return to the document to resume editing.
  7. The slice previews load, flash to white, and then error.

If I use the Prismic preview toolbar to close the preview and wait for a second for the 404 page to load, I then can refresh the page builder, and the slice previews work again.

I've made the team aware of this issue. I'm not sure it's related to the other preview error you linked though.

Thank you. I agree that these two threads started out differently. I am noticing a theme through a few different threads that does come back to the page builder previews and cookies from page previews. I appreciate you passing it on.

1 Like

I've made a bug report that you can follow :slight_smile:
https://prismic.atlassian.net/browse/BT-64

Hello, I am experiencing the same error with all the slices in the page builder.

[Context]
I have setup the Prismic repo and website and left it there for our marketing team to use for around a year now and have not touched a thing. Recently they reported that previews stopped working. I fixed that by reconfiguring the preview, but the slices area in page builder shows this error label. I have upgraded to the new slice machine and that has still not fixed the error.

** I can see the page is trying to fetch the url ```mydomain.com/mypagename/slice-simulator but the only url I have configured for the slice simulator is on the root mydomain.com/slice-simulator`

Is there anything else you would recommend trying, am I missing some configuration?

This is happening on existing content and when I try to create new content.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Hi @bioscout ,

It is strange that you're seeing requests to domain/slug/slice-simulator

Seeing that, I'm wondering if your route resolver might have something to do with this (though I am doubtful this is the cause).

I am often experiencing weird things with the page builder slice previews. My "errors" at the moment are 500 errors for the sitemap.xml. I'm not sure why I get that error in the page builder though.

Hi @bioscout, sorry to see you're having issues. Would you mind sharing with me the name of the repo so I can take a closer look?

Best,
Guy

Thanks for your reply.

The repository name is bioscout.

Thanks, @bioscout . The team is investigating. I'll post an update here when I have an update.