Prismic shows only scheduled documents inside content relationship field if the doc is also scheduled

Describe your question/issue in detail

Hi, I see an issue with content relationship fields when the document is part of a release (scheduled).
So if you click to add a document in this field, you will only see documents in the same status (scheduled), so basically you can't use content relationship fields until the document is published.

Impacted feature

Content relationship field

What steps have you taken to resolve this issue already?

You have to fill these fields before scheduling the document, or just after the release if it's late.

Errors

You see only scheduled documents to choose in a content relationship field.

Your Role

Developer.

Steps to reproduce

1. Add a document with a content relationship field to a release
  2. Edit the document, go to that field and select "Link to Prismic page"
  3. Click on the field, you will see only scheduled documents, not any draft or published.

Hey @cerrutti,

I just verified that the same behavior occurs in my repositories. I'm not sure if this is expected behavior. I've sent a message to my colleagues to check.

Sam

Hey @cerrutti,

The Page Builder team tells me that they're going to investigate a fix for this.

Sam

That's awesome, thank you Sam!

@samlittlefair any news on this issue?

Hello team. We've logged this issue as a feature request and are actively tracking it. At this time, we don't have an estimated timeframe for a resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hey @ben.jackson thanks a lot for bringing that to us. Adding on top of @Pau, This is a flagged on our side as a requested improvement that is having a pretty high priority. We are at the moment revamping our search both in the document list and in documents.

That's why we will not touch to this in the immediate future but will come back to this pretty fast after the search implementation. Expect something in the next couple of weeks

Cheers,

1 Like

Tracking here:

Hi everyone, this issue has been resolved in the latest Page Builder release.

Best,
Guy