[REST API] QueryParam `lang` changed in next_page query URL to `languageCode`

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with the Prismic REST API

Let me explain.
I have this query with locales (I will write the query on multiple lines to be easily readable):

https://example-repo-name.cdn.prismic.io/api/v2/documents/search?
ref=YOWwnRUAACQAsdTT&
q=%5B%5Bat(document.type,%22category%22)%5D%5D&
orderings=%5Bmy.category.priority%20desc%5D&
page=1&
pageSize=100&
lang=*

After querying the Prismic API, I get this result (please see next_page attribute in the pic):

I will also paste the next_page URL for easy comparing:

https://example-repo-name.cdn.prismic.io/api/v2/documents/search?
ref=YOWwnRUAACQAsdTT&
q=%5B%5Bat%28document.type%2C%22category%22%29%5D%5D&
orderings=%5Bmy.category.priority+desc%5D&
page=2&
pageSize=100&
languageCode=*

It seems like the URL for next_page is changes from it's initial form (in the first query) lang=* to languageCode=*. This little change results in changing the query results. In this particular case, the second page should contain 26 results, but the results list will be empty!

Thanks!
Ciprian

It seems like I have found my answer and a workaround :slight_smile: -> Getting results in all languages
Is there a plan for solving this issue?

Kind regards,
Ciprian

Hey @trinity,

Thanks for flagging this! I think it might indeed be a bug, so I've filed an issue with our dev team. I'll let you know what they say :slight_smile:

Sam

1 Like

Thanks @samlittlefair!

I'll be waiting :slight_smile:

Regards,
Ciprian

Hey @trinity,

Just an update to let you know that I'm waiting for a response from the dev team, but I'll follow up with them shortly.

Sam

1 Like

Thanks for keeping me posted

Regards,
Ciprian

Hey @trinity, Just wanted to let you know that I'm communicating with the dev team to get an update on this. I should have some sort of update for you shortly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @trinity,

The dev team hasn't made progress with this yet. I'm off next week, but I'll follow up the week after to let you know where this stands.

Sam

Small update: I followed up with the dev team, and they're taking a look at this issue to prioritize it. I'll let you know what I hear next.

1 Like

Hello Sam,

thank you for your continued engagement!

Regards,
Ciprian

1 Like

This thread is being monitored as an open ticket in the issue tracker. We will update this post as we get more information. If you have a similar use-case, you can ‘Flag’ this topic to reopen.