Setting up sample project suddenly not working

I am new to Prismic and have been setting up projects in React and Gatsby using sample projects to get comfortable. Then client just requested they want their site in NextJS. I have tried setting up the nextJS sample site and repository is not getting created on my dashboard. I tried to create repos using react and gatsby again and they're now being unsuccessful.

I created another account just to test if my older account is now limited, but new account isn't making a repo as well.

prismic theme --theme-url GitHub - prismicio/nextjs-website

We are checking the theme integrity
Let's get to it!
? Name your prismic repository: rePoNamehere
? Local folder to initalize project: rePoNamehere

An unexpected error occured
Initialize local project
Running npm install...
(node:1662) ExperimentalWarning: The fs.promises API is experimental
Your project is ready, to proceed:

Thanks.

Hi @gGo,

Welcome to the Prismic forum, and thanks for posting :blush: It's great to hear that you're getting going with Prismic.

This is a strange error, and I'm getting the same issue on my computer. I think there might be some work underway on the prismic theme CLI command right now, so I'll check in with the dev team and get back to you.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with in the meantime.

Sam

Thanks for getting back to me! I enjoy using and learning Prismic until this roadblock. :sweat_smile: Can you please let me know when will the work on prismic-theme CLI be done? Is there an alternative to run and replicate sample sites in the meantime?

Hey @gGo,

I'll definitely let you know when I hear back. To use samples in the meantime, you can set them up manually:

• Fork the GitHub repo you want to use to your GitHub account.
  • Clone the repo with git clone [repo-git-url] .
  • Run npm i to install all the dependencies.
  • Create a Prismic repository.
  • In your Prismic repo, create a custom type matching the name of each file in the ~/custom_types/ directory (don't include .json , and take care to specify correctly whether it's a singleton [homepage, menu] or a repeatable [post, page]).
  • In the Prismic Custom Type editor, open the JSON Editor. Copy-paste the content of each custom type JSON file into the Prismic JSON editor for that custom type.
  • Update the Prismic API endpoint in the configuration file ( ~/prismic-configuration.js , if you're using Next.js)

Try that out and let me know how it goes! If you have any more questions I'm here :slight_smile:

Sam

Hey @gGo,

I just tested the prismic theme CLI command, and it seems to be working fine again. Let me know if you run into any issues :slight_smile:

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.