Singleton type issues

Hi folks,

I've created a new singleton type, but I'm having trouble publishing. Under the Custom Types page it shows 1 document associated to it.

I can't see this document in any section of the writing room, which means I can't edit or create the document.

How to I resolve this? Is this related to the "ghost document" issue?

Hello @benembery

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please send me the URL of your repository? You can send me a private message if you don't prefer to share it publicly.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Priyanka

Hello @benembery

Thanks for sending the detail. I can reproduce the same behavior. I am going to submit this issue.

Meanwhile, you can convert Custom type from singleton to repeatable type and create a document.

I'll update you here when I hear back from the team.

Regards,

Priyanka

I can but it means code changes my side, which is frustrating and it doesn’t offer me the protection from a content editor adding another page and the code returning the wrong page :cry:

I do understand your point. I have submitted this issue, and I will update you once I hear back from the team.

Hello @benembery

I have an update on this issue. I can see the document in the release. Are you still facing the same behavior?

Thanks,

Priyanka

I've seen that a few posts re-appeared in my Archived area. I published one to a release, for the others, I would like to delete them, but I'm not sure if this that will fix the issue. Last time, I still couldn't re-use the UID. Has a fix been released for this?

Hello Benembery,

If you want to use old UID, you need to follow this documentation:

Let me know if it doesn't solve your issue.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Thanks for your continued help Priyanka but this only solves my issue if the document is published, it never was. When I was trying to delete the archived document, it was still preventing me from using the UID.

Hey Benembery,

I'll be happy to solve this issue. I need more information:

1. Name of the Custom Type you want to use UID
  2. Name of the UID.

Could you please share the above things?

Thanks
Priyanka

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.