UID is updated when changing random fields

I have created a custom type that contains a title, a UID field and some rich text and key text fields (called intro, abstract, related_title, ...). For some reason my UID is updated whenever I update any of the fields. I would expect it to follow only the value of my title. Is this a bug in the platform UI? Because as far as I know you can't configure which field is used to generate the UID.

Hello @filip.vantendeloo

Thanks for reaching out to us.

This is a known issue, and we have already submitted an ticket in the issue tracker. We will notify everyone when there is any update.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hello,

Is there any update on this? We are still seeing the issue, and a client has raised it as a big problem.

I'm sure you have a record of this already, but before a document is saved, the UID is updated by every text field that is changed. This is demonstrated well in the videos in the penultimate post here The uid field seems to auto fill based on the most recently updated text field - #56 by ry.johnson

Thanks,
Jarod

Hello @jarod

I apologize but I have no update for the moment. You can check our progress page for future updates:

Best,
Priyanka

Yeah I'll second, this would be great to get fixed. Our clients have been running into issues with slugs being all over the place due to this issue. Thanks!

Thank you, @nathan, for voting for this feature to be fixed. I don't have any ETA for the moment.