The uid field seems to auto fill based on the most recently updated text field

When creating a new document that has a uid field that uid field auto-updates with the content from the most recently updated text field until the uid field is manually edited. Is there anyway to set the source field the uid uses to generate its content?

e.g. There are 3 fields on a document, a heading field named title, a uid field and a key text field named author. When you type in the title field the uid will update with the content from that field converted to be url safe. However when you then start typing in the author field the uid will then update its content from this new field. This behavior seems to extend to other field types as well.

This is not expected behavior and makes it very easy to use the wrong slug/uid for the document

You might be able to change this by editing the default document title:

I’m not entirely sure if this will work though.

Yeah I’ve already tried that, doesn’t seem to affect the uid field logic.

Before you initially save the document the UID field will update with the last Title or Rich Text field that you add text to. Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to control which field is used for the UID autofill.

I discussed this with the UX team and they agree that this should be improved at some point in the future.

@features-team