The uid field seems to auto fill based on the most recently updated text field

Ok, we will carry on manually editing it for now then.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey Diz,

So I created an issue with the Dev team about this and hopefully at some they can find time to work on this. Whenever they have any update about if/when they will work on this I'll update you here.

Though as Levi pointed out:

Work around

1. Add the content directly in the UID field and it won't change.

Alternatively
There may be a couple of steps that can lock your UID in place so that it's not overwritten:

1. Add content to the field you wish to auto-populate the UID
  2. Either (click save) OR (go to the UID field and add then remove a space)

Hopefully this small process can help your case for the time being.

Let me know if it works.

Thank you. We will try those steps for now then.

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.

Does this have an update?

I've just run into the problem and trying to explain it to my client.

Looks like its gone on for a very long time which is worrying, is this low priority to be fixed or something very difficult to fix? If so some clarification in documentation would help.

Hey,

My content has a collection for events, with lots of fields but using a main title field and a slug which should be based on this title.

When I've added further fields below it, it seems to take the slug now rather from the title another string field?

How do I force it to take it from the title field?

Hey Ben,

This is a known issue that is being tracked in this thread, the workaround is to save after you enter the first line of text. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Hi Thanks Phil,

That seems like an odd bug.

What do you do with pages that have already picked up the bug? Like the screenshot above?

I don't really want to tell a client to have to delete lots of pages.

They can edit the slug manually. Just copy and paste the title in to that field.

Hey Ben,

This is a low priority to be fixed and will most likely be tackled at the end of the year.

Is this still in the pipeline for this year?

In my opinion, this is a serious issue, as content editors can initially see the slug being autogenerated from the title, but then don't realise it's being replaced as they move across the different content tabs, meaning all generated slugs have essentially random content.

This has a massive impact. I'm not sure why this is low priority.

Hello @studiotreble, thanks for joining the conversation.
We understand why this could not be the ideal expected behavior for all use cases. We consider all feedback. However, we aren't working on this at the moment.

We update our progress page regularly to give transparency about all the new features we're currently working on: What's new - Prismic

Hi Pau, that's disappointing but I appreciate the transparency.

Thanks

Hello,
Have you find a fix for this or it still an issue ? because I am facing the same problem.

Hello there,
Thank so much I just figured out where to configure that and It works perfectly.
I think with this solution closes the issue.