Video selection in media field in new page editor has no thumbnail

hey, in the new page builder, when I have a media field, and wanna select a video, they are not shown correctly yet, first I thought it's not displayed at all, but the issue is, that there is no thumbnail for videos, so they shrink to a really small and invisible button (I added a border in the screenshot)
it's not really ideal obviously, because a client cannot see which video he selects
I would suggest as a quick fix, there is an option to use a frame of a video as image source like this maybe: javascript - Dynamically using the first frame as poster in HTML5 video? - Stack Overflow (just append time in seconds #t={seconds} to source URL)

1 Like

Hi @jankohlbach,

Thanks for raising this issue. I'll raise it with the team and see if we can quickly action that quick fix. I'll let you know on this thread once I have an update.

Best,
Guy

1 Like

@guy.proops Any estimate when this will get fixed or maybe a suggested temporary workaround?
Selecting Videos in media fields is still almost impossible right now.
Thanks!

Hi @digalo , the team has estimated the work for this but we don't have a date for when it will be worked on. It's worth noting that we are also working on a new Media Library, which will be supported in the new media library. In the Page Builder there are two possible workarounds at this stage:

1. You can revert to the legacy editor when working with video files (this is only a suitable workaround if you are working with these files fairly infrequently)
  2. I can disable the Page Builder and re-enable it once we support the feature.

Best,
Guy

1 Like

Hi @digalo , this has been fixed and you should be able to select video and all media types when linking to media in the new Page Builder.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,
Guy

2 Likes