Bug report: replacing a link causes "you're about to leave the editor" warning

This is a new issue.

If you edit a document, then clear a link field, then click to add a new link, a warning pops up saying you're about to leave the editor, asking if you want to save or discard.

If you hit discard the link selector does appear, but with two columns instead of one.

See video.

In case it's relevant, I'm using Firefox. This particular link field is in a repeating area of a slice, and accepts only document links, of one particular type.

(off-topic: please relax the settings of this forum to allow mkv and mp4 uploads)

Hello @bart

Thanks for posting this question to us.

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. It seems like a bug. I have to test it. Could you please send me the repo URL? You can send me a private message too.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Repository is cesium.

Hello @bart

I have checked this repository, and it's normal behaviour to have two columns when you linked a document with a CR field.
And the pop-pup shows sometimes but as soon you saved your changes It will allow you to change the destination of the link.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks,
Priyanka

There weren't any changes to save. Even if there were changes, I should not be forced to save my unfinished changes in order to change a document link.

Whatever the problem was, it seems to now be resolved. The popup no longer appears in the above situation, even if I do have unsaved changes.

It was also the first time I had seen some of the new styling (like the wider options for the slice type to add), so I wonder if there was an inconsistency in the assets which had been loaded for that session.

I still think the two columns is strange. I expect you're right that it's not new. What's the point of it? The middle column is useless, as far as I can tell, if I am only allowed to select one link type.

Hey @bart,

Thanks for flagging this. I've submitted an issue with our dev team, and I'll let you know what they say.

Best,
Sam

Just an update on this, I demoed the error for our dev team, and they're evaluating what to do next.

This thread is being monitored as an open ticket in the issue tracker. We will update this post as we get more information. If you have a similar use-case, you can ‘Flag’ this topic to reopen.