CDN Bandwidth goes up suddenly

Helo Team,

Recently, we saw a sudden increase in the graph of CDN, it goes from 200MB to 2GB and then 2GB to 22GB in few days. I'm sure we are not suing any such API which consume so much memory.Does anyone have idea what could be the reasons for it or what trigger it ?
Any help would be great.
Thanks

Hi @takethesis

Thanks for reaching out.

I have requested from our DevOps team to provide some more information/details about your CDN bandwidth consumption and I will let you know in case of any updates.

Please note that the bandwidth consumption also includes assets (images/videos/file...) It's not only the API usage.

Thank you @Fares
I have practise that whenever we upload any images on prismic , firstly we optimise it.So 98% images are in KB size, so don't think media could be the reason here.But still if your team has any update let us know.

1 Like

Hi @takethesis
Can you please provide us with the repo name? (you can share it in a private message if necessary).

Hey @Fares I just ping you in private

1 Like

I have responded with some details in the private message, basically you have hosted some big MP4 files.

I can't see your message in private @Fares , could you share URL please.
Also I can see only 4 files which were uploaded at begning , not in time period of peak rise.
Details:

Date
04/22/22 06:27
File Name
hero.mp4
File Size
1.10 M

Date
06/24/22 11:20
File Name
Thesis - Founder Story.mp4
File Size
35.40 M

Date
06/30/22 07:08
File Name
Onboarding 2022 Month 1 v3-CC.mp4
File Size
37.97 M

Date
06/30/22 07:08
File Name
Onboarding 2022 Month 2 FINAL-CC.mp4
File Size
47.82 M

I have responded in the private mesage again, can you please check?

Hello @Fares
Hope you are doing well !

We are getting emails again from prismic due to high usage of bandwidth. As per our last conversation you mentioned that it is due to hosting of mp4 videos on prismic. So could you help us to find which page/video is getting most requests , so that we can figure out something for that video ?

Thank you

Sure, I have requested some more info, and I will let you know once I get any updates.

I have responded to you in the private message some more details, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks @Fares , one more thing how can I pay for the bill generated for extra bandwidth ? I do not see any option to pay in Prismic account.

Sure, we've sent you a dm with a link to pay the first invoice directly.

Thanks