Continuous delivery strategy

Hello, I'm looking for a way to develop a CD on a Prismic project with Nuxt that would allow me to:

• Test locally slices creation and updates.
  • Automatically deploy to a staging environment to validate changes made to the CMS.
  • Automatically deploy to the production environment to ship changes.
  • Version all changes to be able to rollback if necessary.

What strategy does the Prismic team recommend to do so?

I was thinking of leveraging the custom-types api to do so, but there is a lot of overhead to set this up. Has anybody in the community experience with this?

Hi @adele.gauvrit.ext ,

Thanks for reaching out.

It seems to me that some of your questions can be addressed by using Slice Machine? such as :

• Test locally slices creation and updates.
  • Version all changes to be able to roll back if necessary.
    As Slice Machine project naturally contains your custom types locally. Where you will be able to push them to your Git repository as well as to your Prismic repository.

And regarding this question:

• Automatically deploy to a staging environment to validate changes made to the CMS.

You have two options:

• Either using the Prismic Environments feature where you can request the creation of a staging environment and using webhooks to deploy your code on changes.

• Or you can use the Prismic releases feature to make it behave similarly to the Environments feature.

And similarly to the staging, you can use webhooks and some hosting platforms to handle this one " Automatically deploy to the production environment to ship changes.".

To learn more about deploying your Nuxt app, please check this article.

Please let us know if you have any further assistance,
Fares