Data Protection & Loss

I just learned about Prismic and want to incorporate it into a few of my websites. My main question is, what happens if you lose my data? Does Prismic keep snapshots or incremental backups of my data so it's not lost? I want to state that I will be using the developer community & starter plans that do not include the backup features. I would like to know what to do when I have 200+ blogs, and they happen to be deleted and lost how I would go about getting this data back

Hello, welcome to the Prismic community forum!

Nice to hear you're discovering Prismic, which technology are you working with?!

I've talked about this in the past, please refer to this thread to learn about this topic

And if you have any other questions about this or anything else, let me know

Thanks

Does that mean that Prismic keeps backups or snapshots even on the developer community or start plans, or do I have to pay 500+ For that feature? In terms of technology, I was planning to use Next.js. I hope that answers your question.

Yes that answers my question, thank you for sharing, I was just asking to redirect you to the correct documentation :ok_hand:

In my other response, why I meant to say was that, your data is secure in Prismic, but you are free to do a 'self backup' of your repository's Custom types and content simply by querying the API for the content and creating JSON files for your Custom types.

The paid option I mentioned was the Import / Export feature that can be useful if you have a large amount of documents and when doing a manual backup isn't something realistic.

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.