Graphql error - abstract type

Hi, first time content modelling with prismic. I think I may have made an error.

I added a slice to a singeton homepage type slice area. Added some content and then decided it would be better served in the main part of the page not the slice zone. So I deleted the slice.

I then added the slices I needed for the page.

Now when I run a query in graphiql I get the following error referencing the deleted slice type. It seems that there is an entry in the database with the old slice type but I can't delete it as it isn't showing up in prismic.

Here is the error message:-

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "Abstract type \"PrismicHomepageDataBodySlicesType\" was resolve to a type \"PrismicHomepageDataBodyHeaderslider\" that does not exist inside schema.",
      "locations": [
        {
          "line": 8,
          "column": 7
        }
      ],
      "path": [
        "prismicHomepage",
        "data",
        "body",
      ],
      "extensions": {
        "stack": [
          "GraphQLError: Abstract type \"PrismicHomepageDataBodySlicesType\" was resolve to a type \"PrismicHomepageDataBodyHeaderslider\" that does not exist inside schema.",
          "    at ensureValidRuntimeType (/Users/philsealey-imacpro/Documents/Exposure Design/Code/actorschurch/gatsby-prismic/achurch-gatsby-static/node_modules/graphql/execution/execute.js:698:11)",

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

PHIL

Have realised that I can archive and then delete that singleton record - have done this and started afresh with my new slice schema and it's now working fine.

@ExposurePhil I'm glad that you were able to get this sorted out. Let us know if you have any other questions at any point :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.