Show Netlify build status

When I publish a page, it gets sent off via the magic of webhooks to Netlify.

It would be super cool if I could get an update of this status for when the site is now live and published from within Prismic rather than having to open up Netlify to check.

Netlify offers hooks which might be useful - I'm envisaging something like Prismic gives some URLs like:

And then when Netlify pings those URLs, we'll know when the site was last updated or whether I need to go and check something.

Here's some netlify docs: Deploy notifications | Netlify Docs

What do you think? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Max,

This could be a cool feature I like this idea. I can see how it could be useful instead of jumping around website to check the status. I've passed this to the product team and hopefully they can have a look.

We're at the very beginning of a long process of making the code of the Dashboard more accessible for our devs so that they can more easily jump in and work on features like this. Though there are a lot of things to be worked on first so this wouldn't be very high on the priorities list, but the more work the team does the faster they'll be able to respond small smart additions like this.

So if/when anything changes the team will update you here.

One alternative for this for now is if you use Slack. You can use Slack incoming Webhooks and have a channel which updates you when the build is done, this way you won't need to jump around if you already use this tool:

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.

@Phil I've thought of a way - no API hooks necessary!

I've recently developed a site using Sanity, and they have a thing where you can show the Netlify Deploy Preview badge on the dashboard. It's a really simple and clear way of showing the build status, whether Building, Failed, or Success.

Netlify gives you a URL, like https://api.netlify.com/api/v1/badges/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/deploy-status that returns an image with the latest build status. If there was a setting in Prismic where I could put this URL, it could show on the dashboard.

Something like this maybe?

@marcellothearcane That's a cool idea. I'll send this along to the product team and add it to our feature request tracker.

Let us know if you have any other feedback or ideas at any point :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.