Slice Labels have completely disappeared

I've seen other people posting the same thing, but they are usually using Slice Machine. My website is built on Gatsby and is using the legacy Custom Type builder. I use Slice labels to configure the UI of one of my slices and I just noticed that the labels are completely gone from one of my Custom Types. They haven't even be reseted, the label dropdown is not there anymore. I use the same slice in another Custom Type, and the label is still there (but now I'm worried that it would disappear from there as well).

What could I do about this?

Hello @kris, thanks for sharing your use case. Can you please paste the JSON structure of the Custom Type so we can try and reproduce the error on our end?

Thanks

Hey @Pau

A JSON structure won't be very helpful as the JSON structured itself has been altered without nobody touching it (that's the problem I'm reporting)

This is the JSON structure current present for the slice with the label:

"cta_section" : {
            "type" : "Slice",
            "fieldset" : "CTA Section",
            "description" : "Title, perks list & CTA - terminal & inlined",
            "icon" : "check",
            "display" : "grid",
            "non-repeat" : {
              "title" : {
                "type" : "StructuredText",
                "config" : {
                  "single" : "heading1,heading2,heading3,heading4,heading5,heading6",
                  "label" : "Title"
                }
              },
              "cta_link" : {
                "type" : "Link",
                  "label" : "cta link",
                  "placeholder" : "If left blank, it defaults to \"#start-building\"",
                  "select" : null
                }
              },
              "cta_text" : {
                "type" : "Text",
                  "label" : "CTA Text"
                }
              }
            },
            "repeat" : {
              "perk" : {
                "type" : "Text",
                  "label" : "Perk"
                }
              }
            }
          },

However, there are no labels defined in the custom type (and I'm 10000% sure that there used to be but I don't have a way to prove it as they are now gone)

"labels" : null,

While in my Customers custom type, where I do have the same slice + labels (still there), I have

"labels" : {
          "carousel" : [ ],
          "section_title" : [ ],
          "story_card_link" : [ ],
          "cta_section" : [ {
            "name" : "terminal",
            "display" : "terminal"
          }, {
            "name" : "inlined",
            "display" : "inlined"
          } ]
        },

This has been previously reported bug:

I can redo the slice and use select field instead of a label but that means that I need to go through all my 150+ documents and reassign the correct value.

I see. The only way of modifying a JSON structure is by doing it manually. And, unfortunately in the legacy Custom Type builder, it's impossible to see a 'history' of changes. Have you tried re-adding the labels and trying again in your documents?

If you've done this and the error is there, please send us the complete JSON of the Custom Type and the URL of your repository.

Hi @Pau,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that solves the problem. If I had to explain the problem in a single sentence:

Prismic removed production data (slices labels) without my knowledge or consent which altered the production website of my client.

I can definitely add slice labels (or select field as I don't have trust in labels anymore) to the custom type's slice once again then go through every single document (150+ documents) and modify them, but even if I do that, that still wouldn't solve the above problem.

I understand. Thanks for detailing your use case.
I'll share this information with the team.