Third-party preview cookies (Safari, Chrome Incognito)

Hi,

I know that this has been brought up as a question before but the answer is not really satisfying. Since third-party cookies are on their way out from what I can see: Safari blocks by default, Chrome will be doing the same next year (possibly) and Firefox has started blocking some.

As we have writers, testers and developers in different browsers we would expect this to work everywhere by default. I don't know the internal flow of previews so I can't comment on how easy it would be to move away from the third-party cookies but it would be a welcome change.

If you have any workarounds in the mean time (other than allowing third-party cookies) it would be much appreciated.

Hi Henrik,

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thank you for bringing this out; in fact I have started a discussion about this issue internally and will let you know in case of any updates,

Best,
Fares

Hi,

I had a discussion about this issue with our dev team. They have proposed using Incognito (private sessions), where you allow the 3rd party cookies for the moment so that you don't risk your main sessions as a temporary workaround.

Our production team is aware of this and might plan to rethink the previews mechanism, but nothing is planned for the moment.

Best,
Fares

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.